Whenever I passed by Seoul Yummy at Bugis+ I always seem to be finding a queue outside the restaurant. That made me curious about what they have to offer. Today as I walked passed the place at around 6 plus I saw just one couple queuing so we had to try it.
We had their "Amy Stew's Combo" which cost $49.90++.
Unlimited top up of sides - Overall the sides were refreshing though I had eaten nicer kimchi before. The tofu was super soft and I had problems picking it up with a chop stick. I don't really see peanuts as one of the sides for korean restaurants before, but this was a nice sweet addition.
Steamed pork dumpling - I personally would not order this next time. Don't really like the meaty taste of it and the dumplings skin was quite thick. Saw some people ordering the spicy rice cake and it looks not bad! will order it instead if I do come the restaurant again.
Amy stew (without beef) - Key does not eat beef so since we are sharing the stew and everything would be mixed together, it was better to order the stew without beef. There were chicken, pork, hotdog, luncheon meat, maggie noodles, rice cake etc. I wanted kimchi soup for it, but the waitress informed me that they only had spicy soup. Nevertheless, the waitress commented that I could just put kimchi sides in the stew for some kimchi flavouring. I added two bowls of kimchi sides in the stew. =p Overall, I liked the luncheon meat and the rice cake the best but I felt that given the price there should be more meat in the stew. Although we were very full after the meal however I find it a bit expensive.
Hot red bean soup with mo chi - Honestly, I'm not happy with this desert as the soup was diluted and the red bean was tasteless. The mo chi did not taste well with the soup too. Will not order this again.
Key says
Never a fan of Korean food but since Pat wanted to try it, I'm definitely supportive of it. The set meal actually is quite worth the money - huge portions and unlimited sides. Generally not too bad. For someone (me) who is not a fan of Korean food, I did enjoyed the meal a lot - the noodle is good, the rice cake is the best I have eaten so far, the sides is nice and even the rice is good. :)
Website: http://www.seoulyummy.com
Address: Bugis+, 201 Victoria St, #04-11 Singapore 188067
*They have stores in Square 2 and The Central too.





No comments:
Post a Comment