Saturday, June 30, 2012

Swissotel The Stamford


" Swissôtel The Stamford, one of Southeast Asia’s tallest hotels, promises excellent accommodation, business and leisure experiences. Revel in 1,261 guestrooms and luxury suites, 16 restaurants and bars, Equinox Complex and Willow Stream Spa, complete with panoramic views of Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia."

30 June 2012


Pat says:

We were actually interested in Equinox or New Asia Bar, but we chance upon the wedding package for Swissotel The Stamford too. A few things that I caught my attention was their peking duck carving station, a pastry chef's specialty (warm melted chocolate fountain with fruits and marshmallows), and their upgrading of Chinese desserts to buffet dessert. I never really look at hotel's wedding packages because we weren't very interested in having a tradition wedding. But because Swissotel had these amazing optional packages, I decided that we could take a look at their ballroom (just to give them a chance).

I guess I didn't really expect much of their ballroom, because I thought that it would be the same old same old. When we reached there, I was shocked to find 4 weddings held on a saturday night. It's either that the date was super awesome or there must be something else about Swissotel. Swissotel has several ballrooms that will cater to your different needs. I particularly like Stamford Ballroom because it has a private reception area, however it caters to a minimum of 45 tables (weekend), 40 tables (weekday). Key did comment about the huge minimum required tables and the manager commented that we could have the place if we meet their minimum spending. I didn't find the ballroom very fantastic, in fact I would prefer Amara or Capella instead. Solemnization would be held in smaller rooms, I especially like the one that had the view of MBS and Esplanade. I was quite amazed that the view from the rooms were quite awesome, since I didn't really wanted a solemnization in a room. Sadly, the view of the solemnization room of Stamford Ballroom didn't had such a fantastic view. But I guess you could chose which room you want to be solemnized in. 

Key says:

The customization of the menu is fantastic and I know Pat will love it, hence we decided to take a look at their ballroom. I was just as surprised as Pat when we find that the view of solemnization room is pretty good. As for the other ballrooms, I only prefer the Stamford Ballrom in view of the privacy but as what Pat has highlighted, there is a minimum spending needed. Of course it is still just a ballroom and so compared to other unique venues that we are looking at, this pales slightly in comparison.

Picture



No comments:

Post a Comment