Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Shangri La @ Rasa Sentosa

"The perfect wedding requires an enchanting location and an experienced team to put it together. As the only beachfront resort in Singapore, Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort offers a unique location for a Wedding by the sea."

19 June 2012

Key says:

The outdoor solemnization is indeed beautiful, especially during sunset. However in the event of wet weather, the backup indoor venue is pretty disappointing. Similarly, the ballroom, though it is described as fan-shaped, it is actually pretty much rectangular and not really what we are looking for. The open ballroom is better in comparison and would have a nicer view during the day time. One concern by Pat is that if we are to hold it during the evening, by nightfall, there are no much view to be seen and as such, the open ballroom is not as ideal as what we want it to be. However Shangri La is still one of our consideration at this point in time.

Pat says:

I thought that Shangri La was an atas place and pricing wise would be quite steep. But I realized I was ignorant and the pricing is actually quite affordable. Another thing I would like to point out is that the outdoor beach side solemnization is awesome! With a simple yet perfect big tree and a sunset as a back drop, the big picture would look very pretty and you can't find it anywhere else in Singapore. On another hand, close up view of the bride and the groom when being solemnized might not be as nice, but I would assume to be still very pretty indeed. Sadly, they only sell the solemnization place if you also book a banquet with them. They offer a normal super huge ballroom and a smaller but still able to fit a comfortable 30 tables ballroom with a view of the beach and their swimming pool. The view I would say is fantastic in the afternoon with the sunlight and all, but at night it could be quite dark. Sadly, we are unable to do a lunch banquet plus an evening solemnization.

Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment