Pat says
We went to Prive Grill to celebrate my birthday and we tried their set lunch. It was a weekday lunch so it was quite private with only several groups of businessman around.
2-course ($32), 3-course ($35), included house pour add $10. We had the 3-course set lunch with house pour and they served us first with hot bread.
Beef Carpaccio - Shaved Parmesan, Fried Bearnaise, Wild Rocket
I absolutely loved this! My first time trying this dish out and I think they did it in such an excellent way. It does not taste raw at all and the pairings for the beef goes very well with it. I ate finish everything on my plate.
Chilled Prawn Cocktail - Mangoes, Butterhead Lettuce
Nice and refreshing appetiser that one can never really go wrong with prawns and mangos. However the sauce was too much and the sauce taste hence became too over bearing. [Key] - it taste really well during the first few mouth but subsequently, the cocktail sauce is too powering and I became sick of it.
Salt-Baked Sea Bream - Fennel, Basil, Black Olives
I find that the sea bream was a bit too tough and too salty.
Pot- Roasted Chicken - Pancetta, Button Mushroom, Pearl Onions
The chicken was nicely done with thick sauce to accompany with it. I would prefer this dish instead of the sea bream. However it would be even better with a bowl of rice to even the saltiness of the sauce out. [Key] - Once again the first few mouth taste well but eventually the taste will become too overpowering. Definitely will go better with a rice to wash of the taste.
Crepe Souffle - Passioni Fruit Caramel Coulis
Interesting creation of crepe soufflé, which I thought was smooth and light. I didn't like the raw-ness taste of the egg white at times though. The caramelized banana went well with the soufflé. I preferred this then the pear tart. [Key] - very interesting dessert indeed.
Citrus-Poached Pear Tart - Caramelized Pistachio, Vanilla Cream
This desert seems to be quite dry and hard for me to bite through it.
Overall, the set lunch was a great cost saving deal! There were hits and misses and if I do come back again for a meal, I'll definitely order the beef carpaccio! =D
[Key] - somehow the food are heavy in taste and so though it started delicious, I became sick of it very quickly as well. A bit disappointing considering Prive Cafe is pretty good.
[Key] - somehow the food are heavy in taste and so though it started delicious, I became sick of it very quickly as well. A bit disappointing considering Prive Cafe is pretty good.
Website: http://www.theprivegroup.com.sg/index.php/prive/menus/prive-grill
Address: 2 Keppel Bay Vista, Singapore 098382
Opening Hours:
Mon - Fri: 11.30am to 3pm, 6.30pm to 11.30pm
Sat & Eve of PH: 6.30pm to 11.30pm
Closed on Sun









No comments:
Post a Comment