Pat says
I have heard of Antoinette before but I have never saw or chance upon the restaurant before so I was curious of where it was actually located. We went to Palais Renaissance to go to P.S cafe for some high tea and when we went up the escalator we looked down and saw a cafe which was nicely decorated in a very french style. So we decided to go down to take a look, since it was our first time at Palais Renaissance. I had a pleasant surprised to see Antoinette! Hence, our impromptu trip to the restaurant. [Key] - had always wanted to try but never got the opportunity but am glad this time I managed to try it!
Antoinette's Breakfast - choice of eggs, grilled bacon, sausage, Pan de Mie toast, basket of viennoiseries and orange juice/coffee/hot chocolate.
The omelette was nicely done but you had to pay extra $5 for it. Their serving for the sausage was generous and I liked the taste to it! I don't eat bacon so I can't comment much on it. But the toast was awesome! It would go very well just by itself or with some jam. Sadly, they don't serve pure orange juice and it actually comes from a packet. However, I find the orange juice quite nice and not overly sweet.
Chocolicieux - classic french style thin sweet pancakes with warm chocolate sauce, 66% dark chocolate ice cream, chocolate pieces and vanilla creme chantilly.
I love this desert! The pancake crepe was nicely done and it didn't had the rare flour taste. I would prefer a darker chocolate ice cream though cause I love super dark chocolate. I like the fact that there were chocolate cookies in the desert too. So when you eat a bit of everything together, you can taste the different textures between the crepe, chocolate pieces, ice cream and cookie. Even though this is a very chocolatey desert however one can finish everything without thinking it's too chocolatey! =)
[Key] - the chocolicieux is indeed well done. I had tried some of the other chocolate pancakes / crepes and always find it too sweet but this, this is not too chocolatey or sweet; just nice on the taste bud.
[Key] - the chocolicieux is indeed well done. I had tried some of the other chocolate pancakes / crepes and always find it too sweet but this, this is not too chocolatey or sweet; just nice on the taste bud.
Overall, I would definitely come back to Antoinette to try the rest of their menu. [Key] - agree totally
Website: http://antoinette.com.sg
Address: 390 Orchard Road, Palais Renaissance, B1-08/09/10C, Singapore 238871
Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun: 11am to 10pm
No comments:
Post a Comment