Sunday, December 1, 2013

Jamie's Italian

Pat says

Previously we came to Jamie's Italian but we did not get a proper experience as they had a problem with their kitchen and we didn't had time to wait till it was settled and get our mains. So this time, I decided to come here to celebrate my birthday! =D



Wild Truffle Risotto ($16/$24.50) - Finely minced black truffle with butter & Parmesan
Although it looks quite plain but it was flavorful. However it was a bit too hard for my liking. I still preferred the Risotto done by Blackbird cafe.


Jool's Favourite Sicilian Tuna Fusilli ($14/$21) - Albacore tuna slow-cooked with tomatoes, garlic, herbs & cinnamon with crunchy, herby breadcrumbs
This was a delightful and interesting pasta! It was an awesome creation.



Prawn Linguine ($17/$25) - Fried garlicky prawns, shaved fennel, tomatoes, chili & rocket
I find that the pasta was a bit too tough and the sauce was a bit too watery. Compared to the above two dishes, I would rank this the last. 


Veal Flash Steak ($32.50) - Northern River veal pounded with sage, & prosciutto, served with spicy tomato salsa
This is another awesome dish! The veal was done medium rare which was my ideal kind of cooking style plus I loved the vegetables that came with it. Will definitely order this dish again!


Pink Snapper Acqua Pazza ($32) - Pan-fried whole pink snapper with olives, garlic, wine, capers, parsly & the sweetest baby plum tomatoes
The fish was nicely done and quite fresh too. However, I will think twice before ordering this dish again as the portion is quite small for the price.




Grilled Pork Chop ($38.50) - Marinated & cooked under a brick with parsley bagna cauda, apples, kohlrabi, mint, lemon & crackling
Sadly, the pork chop was quite tough and I didn't really like the sauce that came with it.


Crispy Squid ($11.50) - Fried squid, garlicky mayo & lemon
This is a lovely appetizer that my dad and sister loved. One is definitely not enough. Awesome only when it is hot.  


Tiramisu ($11.50) - coffee-flavoured trifle with orange mascapone & chocolate
We didn't really liked this desert. Too spongy and sweet and creamy for me.


Epic Brownie ($11.50) - Warm fudgy brownie with amaretto ice cream & carmelised amaretti popcorn
Compared to the Tiramisu, this was well received. Everyone loves chocolate! the popcorn was an interesting addition as well. 


Website: www.jamieoliver.com/italian/singapore/home
Address: 1 HarbourFront Walk, VivoCity, #1-165/167, Singapore 098585
Opening Hours:
Sun - Thurs: 12pm to 10pm
Fri - Sat: 12pm to 11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment