Pat says
Eighteen Chef recently opened at The Cathay! My friend raves about it saying it was very nice so I had to try it when it opened. =D
[Key] - actually Pat and I had eaten Eighteen Chef before (there used to be a branch at Simei East Point) but I guess she have forgotten about it and thus excited to try again, thinking that it's something new that she tried. :p
So I tried to be my own chef and ordered cheese baked rice, with red and white sauce (I have no idea what kind of sauce it is), salmon and chicken sausage. The food arrived quite fast so that was good and they were very generous with the cheese! Due to the nature of the sauce, my dish was a bit sweet and spicy. I liked the randomness of the taste. There were huge portion of salmon and chicken sausages! Though I did find the salmon a bit dry for my liking.
Overall, the portion was sufficient for a girl however I don't think guys would be full after the dish so it would be better to order other stuff as well to share! =) I don't mind coming back to try the rest of the menu.
Came back on boxing day to eat at Eighteen Chef again! Mostly because it is convenient and we have yet to try their ala carte menu.
Heart Attack Fried Rice ($15.80) -200 grams of New York strip served with a butter garlic fried rice
I ordered medium rare for the New York strip but it came out fairly medium instead. Nevertheless, the texture for the beef was good. Though I find that there were little flavoring for the beef and the fried rice was a bit too dry. The special sauce (we suspect included chili sauce, tomato sauce, chopped garlic and chili slices) was interesting and a bit too hot for me. But Key loved it.
Aglio Olio with Mushroom Chicken ($12.80) -Aglio Olio with grilled chicken topped with mushroom sauce. The chicken was tender however similar to the beef, it had minimal flavoring and the pasta was a bit too tough for me.
We added a Combo C to one of our ala carte dish. They served hot garlic bread! The soup was decent but a bit diluted. Nevertheless, I love the home made lemon tea.
Competitive pricing and quite a decent portion might entices me to come back again. I do hope the food that I order next time would have more flavor though.
Came back on boxing day to eat at Eighteen Chef again! Mostly because it is convenient and we have yet to try their ala carte menu.
Heart Attack Fried Rice ($15.80) -200 grams of New York strip served with a butter garlic fried rice
I ordered medium rare for the New York strip but it came out fairly medium instead. Nevertheless, the texture for the beef was good. Though I find that there were little flavoring for the beef and the fried rice was a bit too dry. The special sauce (we suspect included chili sauce, tomato sauce, chopped garlic and chili slices) was interesting and a bit too hot for me. But Key loved it.
Aglio Olio with Mushroom Chicken ($12.80) -Aglio Olio with grilled chicken topped with mushroom sauce. The chicken was tender however similar to the beef, it had minimal flavoring and the pasta was a bit too tough for me.
We added a Combo C to one of our ala carte dish. They served hot garlic bread! The soup was decent but a bit diluted. Nevertheless, I love the home made lemon tea.
Competitive pricing and quite a decent portion might entices me to come back again. I do hope the food that I order next time would have more flavor though.
Website: http://www.eighteenchefs.com/v2/
Address: The Cathay, No. 2 Handy Road #B1-19/20, Singapore 229233
Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun: 11am to 10.30pm
*They have stores at Cathay Cineleisure Orchard and Tiong Bahru Plaza.




No comments:
Post a Comment