Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pince and Pints

Pat says

Pince and Pints officially opened to the public on Monday. We took half day PM leave today and I suggested to take this opportunity to try it and avoid queues since they don't allow reservations.

There are basically 3 mains available on the Menu: Live Whole Lobster Grilled or Steamed, Lobster Roll and Chilli Lobster. All dishes are priced at $48.

We had the Grilled Lobster and the Lobster Roll. Both mains came with fries and salad.

Grilled Lobster: The lobster came out to be unexpectedly big. It was the biggest lobster that I have seen and eaten. After tasting it, I felt that the lobster meat was fresh and sweet. I didn't really liked the herbed butter sauce though. I felt that it was too light to complement the grilled lobster. Also, I didn't really like to use my hands or was very good at using my hands to remove shells so I had a bit of a problem in removing the shells of the lobster. But Key helped me when he saw me struggling. I had a nice pincer meat to bite into without it's shell. =D

Lobster Roll: I was pleasantly surprised on my first bite. The bread was nicely toasted with butter and there were huge chucks of cold lobster meat to sink my teeth into! I liked the bread!! A must get for those who don't like to remove shells. They provided lemon for the dish but in the end I added some lemon to my Grilled Lobster too. I realized that I quite fancy lobster with lemon. They also provided garlic sauce which I fell in love with and added to the grilled lobster sometimes. Hahahaha.. The waiter did say you can mix and match. =p Lastly, the salad had parmesan cheese on top, which was another nice matching.

Bee's knees: This is technically gin, manuka honey and lemon. I was eyeing on it and another drink. But since the waiter highly recommended this and said that it was very popular among the ladies, it became my first choice immediately! Hahaha.. Which was all good as I felt that this was an excellent pairing with the lobsters. Lobsters does not have very strong flavour and the sauces that came with it were on a salty side. The drink has a bitter sweet to it and adds variety to your taste buds. I was also very impress with this creation as I never knew gin and honey could mix. Lastly, they were very generous with the gin in the drink which I was very pleased.



I'm not an expert with lobsters and neither have I eaten a lot of lobsters in my life. I usually don't order lobsters as I thought that it would usually be very expensive. I felt that the prices here were decent as I had to eat a lot of fresh lobster meat to eat. Overall, the highlight of the dinner to me was the Lobster Roll, Bee's knees and the salad. The waiters there were very helpful and would introduce the menu and the food to you when it arrives. I always liked to be introduced to the food when it is being served. Great customer service! =D

Key says

Well I guess most LB fans is aware of the place and perhaps dragging all the boyfriend, husband or girlfriends to try out this place and so here I am with Pat. Since Pat has done all the introduction of the shop and food, so I shall comment on my experience.

The ambiance is not too bad but I think that it is slightly overcrowded with staff for a restaurant of that size (and a menu of only 3 food). It's not a bad thing as long as service standard is maintained but for a start i was caught a bit of guard when I passed like 9 service staff as we were shown to our table. Service is not too bad as they tried to explain the food and ask about having drinks and/or if it's for sharing etc. One of the not so pleasant experience is that initially, the entire restaurant is filled with vinaigrette smell but eventually it's gone.

The food is not too bad but since there are only 3 food selection, it will basically be a been-there-done-that type of restaurant for me.


Address: 32-33 Duxton Road Singapore 089496
Opening Hours:
Mon - Sat: 5pm to 11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment