Saturday, January 4, 2014

Club Street Social

Pat says

Situated along Club Street and Gemmill Lane, I almost missed this eatery as it was quite dark and the signboard was not very obvious.


When you look at the eatery from outside, it looks like a secret hideout place among empty buildings. But once I sat down, I was captivated by the interior design of the shop. I like the woody nature and the pub style. The music that they played was very relaxing.


Lobster bisque ($12) - Lobster bisque tends to be a bit salty compared to the other soup due to the ingredients involved. This was similar however it had a smooth texture and the seafood taste was not overpowering. There were also real lobster bits instead. 


Wild mushroom and truffled aioli crostini ($10 for 3 pieces / $14 for 5 pieces) - Toasted and sliced baguette topped with flavored mushroom. The mayo in the center combined both the bread and the mushroom together. A decent appetizer! Though it looks small but I took 5 mouthfuls to finish one. 



Linguine with prawns and coriander pesto (around $20) - The linguine was quite tangy with a sweet spicy sauce. It was nicely done for me, not too hard and not too soft. I would not say it was done al dente style though as it had a softer texture to it. I find the prawns a bit over cooked but it was decent. The red plum was an interesting addition and help you in finishing the meal if you get too overwhelmed by the constant taste of the dish. Overall, an unique pasta that I have not tried before.  


Barramundi, harissa, brussel sprouts, smoked lardon ($26) - Quite succulent and juicy fish. The sauce had a very distinct Indian flavor to it. It was my first time trying brussel sprouts and I felt it tasted like small cabbages and was sweet and crunchy. This main was the highlight of the dinner.


Creme Brulee ($9) - This desert tasted more like custard to me. It was not very smooth and a bit clumpy. It does not taste like your regular creme brulee and I was a bit disappointed. The fruits served helped us finish this sweet desert. Perhaps it should be called custard bowl instead. 


Overall, I would definitely recommend this place for chilling out with friends and love ones!! =D


Website: http://clubstreetsocial.com/
Address: 5 Gemmill Lane Singapore 069261
Opening Hours:
Mon - Fri: 11am to 10.30pm
Sat: 9am to 10.30pm
Sun: 9am to 9pm

No comments:

Post a Comment