Thursday, July 5, 2012

Amara Sanctuary

"A 140-room boutique resort on Singapore’s Sentosa Island, Amara Sanctuary Resort has uniquely retained elements of Singapore’s colonial architectural heritage, and combined this with contemporary design, a tropical landscape and a modern, casual yet elegant style. The resort offers luxurious accommodation, several innovative dining concepts, a gym, a unique concept spa, a state-of-the-art pillarless ballroom that can host large-scale meetings and events, and an all-purpose-built glass pavilion."

5 July 2012


Key says

We heard many things about the glass pavilion of Amara Sanctuary and thought it would be nice to have the solemnization over there. However I guess we can say we have our hopes too high as the disappointment was really great when we saw the actual venue. The grass area is poorly maintained and the surrounding was not as beautiful as what we expect it to be. In fact, even the "waterfall" is just a mini-sized "waterfall"!

However, the ballroom and pre-function area was huge and exclusive. Sadly, not alot of customization can be done to the ballroom and even though one side of the ballroom is windowed, the view outside is not fantastic as there are grills and it is facing the traffic. A place with great potential to be an ideal venue but it does not match up to our expectations.

Pat says

After searching online on reviews on Amara, most of the people raved about their glass pavilion. Coupled with the beautiful pictures found on the glass pavilion, I was quite impressed on it and it was considered as my ideal place for solemnization.

We made an impromptu trip down to Amara and I found the area to be very pleasant looking and suitable for a weekend getaway. However I was apparently disappointed with what we found. Basically I felt that the environment surrounding the glass pavilion was not maintained properly. I saw bare grass patched and it was not actually very gardenish.

We did not managed to talk to the wedding coordinator, however because luckily for us there was a wedding to be held on that day so we could find a semi decorated glass pavilion and banquet area. I was quite impressed with the banquet area, high ceiling and super big space. There is a minimum requirement of 35 tables and I quite like the table decoration. Sadly, the ballroom is enclosed and the only wall that has windows had an unpleasant view of the road hence it is not possible to open the curtains. Could be an option if we didn't have other better choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment