Have always wanted to try the dine in the dark concept and eventually managed to make a booking for our anniversary celebration! I thought that since we'll be dining in the dark, there is no need to dress to nicely for the dinner but never did I expect to see most of the guests dressed very nicely!
Before bring you to the dining area, there will be a staff to take your order for cocktail and brings you your amuse bouche. After you had your amuse bouche and a few sip of your drink, the staff will began to brief you about how to dine in the dark. There are lockers for you to keep your bags and handphone as the restaurant wants to ensure that not light emitting devices are brought into the dining area. You will be introduced to your waiter who will lead you up to the dining area (total darkness).
At the top (i.e. the dining area), the waiter will once again remind you as to how to consume your meals and then your dinner begins! It actually takes quite some time to get use to the total darkness before I feel comfortable opening my eyes in the dark. Initially the brain get somewhat confused and it's pretty tiring to stare into total darkness but once you get used to it, it will be fine.
The waiter is very friendly and it's very heart-warming as we heard about his personal story of how he met his wife and how he got the job. The food is very good (perhaps due to the lack of sight, the heighten taste and smell allows us to appreciate the food more) and in fact I learnt a few things on certain food too! The menu changes every 2 to 3 months so it will always be a different taste. This is one place I would definitely recommend my friends to go simply because (i) the cocktail and food is good, (ii) serving staff is friendly and (iii) whole new dining experience.
Pat says
Pat says
It's proposal anniversary food outing! We don't share with each other the places we are bringing each other to usually but will inform on the dress code. This time, Key mentioned that I could dress casually so I was quite curious where he was going to bring me to eat. Once we reached the place, I was very intrigued with the idea of dining in the dark. It was an experience I have never tried before and can never expect how it will turn out.
Okay.. when we went in, I was abit paiseh already cause everyone was dressed so nicely. hahaha... but luckily they never rejected us. We waited quite awhile but in the meantime, we had abit of appetizer and ordered cocktail to drink. Once our table was ready, they called us to step into a super dark place! My eyes was so confused! Close my eyes and it was dark. Open my eyes then also dark. To be honest, it was quite uncomfortable at first but I slowly got used to the darkness. We were introduced to our waiter who was uber friendly and cheerful in his voice. He guided us up a flight of stairs and to our table. During the whole time, I was extremely worried that I would fall down or hurt myself. However the waiter was very experienced! He helped us by mentioning roughly how many steps to take and in which direction. I was very glad when I reached my table in one piece. hehehe..
So there is a standard menu which you would not know the details at first to have an element of surprise. However you can inform them on your dietary preference/restrictions. I don't have any but Key does not eat quite a few stuffs, i.e. beef, innards and slimy food including oysters. There are 12 small dishes that spans over 3 course so you can actually try a lot of food. The waiter will bring the plate to your table and inform you how to start and end that course. e.g. start with the top dish and go clockwise/anti clockwise. He also mentioned to us which utensils we should use as well.
Eating in the dark helps me to concentrate more on the taste and texture of the food instead of the presentation. As we were unable to see each other and the food, we discussed about what each dish tasted like and what we thought it actually was. It was an enjoyable experience compared to the usual scene of couples looking at their phone during meals instead of engaging with each other. We could also hear groups of people chatting and discussing about the food as well! Super love the atmosphere of the place!
After the whole meal, we were brought downstairs and a lady would come and discuss with us on the dishes and what it actually was. It would be good to remember what your guesses were for the different dishes as there was a short quiz on what our guesses were after the meal. I shall not revealed the food details so that you will be kept in suspense.. But I would definitely recommend this place for outings or dates! The chefs were very good in creating amazing dishes and tricking your taste buds!
Okay.. when we went in, I was abit paiseh already cause everyone was dressed so nicely. hahaha... but luckily they never rejected us. We waited quite awhile but in the meantime, we had abit of appetizer and ordered cocktail to drink. Once our table was ready, they called us to step into a super dark place! My eyes was so confused! Close my eyes and it was dark. Open my eyes then also dark. To be honest, it was quite uncomfortable at first but I slowly got used to the darkness. We were introduced to our waiter who was uber friendly and cheerful in his voice. He guided us up a flight of stairs and to our table. During the whole time, I was extremely worried that I would fall down or hurt myself. However the waiter was very experienced! He helped us by mentioning roughly how many steps to take and in which direction. I was very glad when I reached my table in one piece. hehehe..
So there is a standard menu which you would not know the details at first to have an element of surprise. However you can inform them on your dietary preference/restrictions. I don't have any but Key does not eat quite a few stuffs, i.e. beef, innards and slimy food including oysters. There are 12 small dishes that spans over 3 course so you can actually try a lot of food. The waiter will bring the plate to your table and inform you how to start and end that course. e.g. start with the top dish and go clockwise/anti clockwise. He also mentioned to us which utensils we should use as well.
Eating in the dark helps me to concentrate more on the taste and texture of the food instead of the presentation. As we were unable to see each other and the food, we discussed about what each dish tasted like and what we thought it actually was. It was an enjoyable experience compared to the usual scene of couples looking at their phone during meals instead of engaging with each other. We could also hear groups of people chatting and discussing about the food as well! Super love the atmosphere of the place!
After the whole meal, we were brought downstairs and a lady would come and discuss with us on the dishes and what it actually was. It would be good to remember what your guesses were for the different dishes as there was a short quiz on what our guesses were after the meal. I shall not revealed the food details so that you will be kept in suspense.. But I would definitely recommend this place for outings or dates! The chefs were very good in creating amazing dishes and tricking your taste buds!




No comments:
Post a Comment